The Georgia CIO Leadership Association (GCLA), the professional organization for Georgia's information technology leaders, proudly announces the finalists for the 2011 CIO of the Year® Awards.
Finalists are divided into four categories: Global, Enterprise, Corporate and Nonprofit. The finalists will be judged on measureable business value and impact to the organization, innovation and creativity in the planning and deployment of their enterprise systems, and service to the industry and community. The awards ceremony will be held on October 28, 2011, where winners in each category will be announced.
The 2011 finalists are:
Global - Over 2,500 IT Users and multinational operation
- Amy Brady, CIO Enterprise Control Functions Technology, Bank of America
- Tom Conophy, EVP and CIO, IHG - InterContinental Hotels Group
- Kevin Kern, CTO and EVP of Global Operations & Technology, First Data
- Don Riley, CIO & SVP, Logistics, Mohawk Industries, Inc.
- Bill VanCuren, Vice President & CIO IT Services Division, NCR Corporation
Enterprise - Over 1, 000 IT Users
- Ed Clary, CIO and SVP Distribution, Haverty Furniture Companies
- David Guthrie, EVP, CTO, PGi
- Alan MacLamroc, EVP and Chief Product & Technology Officer, CDC Software
- Wes McDowell, Regional CIO Georgia/SCSA, Southern Company Services
- Michael Noel, SVP and CIO, PRGX Global, Inc.
Corporate - Up to 1,000 IT Users
- Nancy D'Amico, CIO, LeasePlan USA
- Jay Ferro, VP, Chief Information Officer, Chartis Aerospace
- Bjarke Ormstrup, VP of IT, PBD Worldwide Fulfillment Services
- Kathy Pittman, CIO, AFC Enterprises (Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits)
- Cindy Tierney, CIO/SVP, Beazer Homes
Nonprofit - Not for Profit Organization, Government Agency or Schools in the Public Sector
- J.L. Albert, Associate Provost/CIO, Georgia State University
- Reginald Brinson, Associate Vice President/CIO, Clark Atlanta University
- Ryan Fernandes, CIO, Fulton County Government
- Ben L. Graham, CIO / Assistant General Manager of Technology, MARTA
- Dr. Barbara Ann White, CIO and Associate Provost; Professor, University of Georgia
The GCLA is proud to recognize the following sponsors who have already registered for the 2011 CIO of the Year® Awards:
Gold sponsors: Spencer Stuart, NIIT Technologies, Inc, SunGard Availability Services, Polycom, Inc. and Recall Corporation.
Silver sponsors: OnX Enterprise Solutions Inc, MATRIX, Tribridge, Wipro Technologies, The People Network and Qwest Communications.
Bronze sponsors: Abacus Solutions, AutoTrader.com, Verizon Wireless, Avaya, Presidio Networked Solutions, The Coca-Cola Company, Quality Technology Services, Accenture, Synergis, Southern Company and Slalom Consulting.
Sponsorships for this program are available for organizations that are recommended by a local CIO. To recommend an organization, send note to: [email protected]
Descriptions of sponsorship packages are available at: www.cioawards.com/sponsorship
About Georgia CIO Leadership Association (GCLA)
The GCLA is the preeminent professional organization for Georgia's information technology leaders. Founded in 2003, its membership is comprised exclusively of chief information officers or individuals in equivalent positions at companies and organizations throughout the state.
The GCLA is underwritten by the following companies: Deloitte, IBM, Intellinet, Morris, Manning, and Martin LLP and Microsoft.
The Georgia CIO of the Year® Awards is brought to you by the Georgia CIO Leadership Association, www.georgiacio.org and recognizes TechLINKS as the official event management partner.