November 30, 2020
Provider of health benefit plans, programs and services in New England and beyond.
- Working with approximately 700 vendors and using 10 different contract vehicles, the procurement department was struggling with effectively managing the contract execution process including the flow of documents between legal and other business owners and the ability to easily locate documents.
- The process lacked visibility and consistency with business owners which led to varying speeds of execution and a lack of accuracy in completeness of packets marked as executed.
- In addition, since many of their contracts auto-renew but specify a 30-day termination clause, they wanted an easier way to review a running list of contracts that were 60 days out from renewal.
- After evaluating off-the-shelf software solutions, they chose Intellinet's Contract Management Automation (CMA) platform - built on SharePoint and modernized with Microsoft Power Automate - due to existing SharePoint usage and familiarity with established security and governance in place.
- The system includes personalized dashboards, e-approval process through DocuSign integration, collaborative communication, custom reporting, enterprise search, and secure document management.
- Technologies used: SharePoint Online, Microsoft Power Automate, DocuSign, and integration with AIM.
Results & Impact
- With Intellinet's CMA solution, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care now has a highly collaborative approach to contract lifecycle management.
- The CMA solution has processed over 80 contracts in the initial 7 months of implementation and has been shown to reduce the need for excess emails, messages, and phone calls.
- By automating the process from submission and review to final approval and renewal, the system provides structure to fulfill their oversight, reporting, security, and auditing requirements.
"The procurement team and all business stakeholders are very pleased with the new contract management system. Intellinet was an exceptional partner to work with, completing the project on time and on budget." - Stefany Mendez, Procurement Category Manager, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care